> I live in Central Oregon and I ride year round on my Atlantis. I hate
> cars, and I am car-less. We get snow, and it gets pretty cold. Winter
> before last, it hit twenty below. Crazy weather warming weirdness. Anyhoo,
> here are my tips: I run fenders with lots of clearance and ensure that the
> bottom of the fenders are closer to the tire than the top. This ensures
> snow does not get packed into a narrowing space between the tire and
> fender. I made long fender flaps from medium weight leather that gets
> neatsfoot oiled yearly. A Son hub with a Luxo U light, is mounted on the
> front rack. I took an old fender and pop riveted a short extension onto the
> existing fender on the front to prevent water from splashing up onto the
> light and vent hole. I use studded tires and run pressure low enough to
> ensure the studs make contact with the ice, and to provide a small amount
> of comfort for the battering of riding over auto-chewed-chunks.

    I treated the inside of the frame with Frame Saver, twice. I keep the
scratches touched up and wax my bike three or four times throughout the
year. Waxing helps     the crud to fall off and helps preserve the finish.
I had my Atlantis powder coated to give it a little more armor compared to
the stock paint.
    Waterproof panniers and a Ortlieb handlebar bag carries stuff.