The pro cycling people must have very good reasons to ride what they ride. I
don't think these people are dummies.

While I am not enamoured with them, I have respect for people who can go 20+mph
average speeds and pump out sustained 400+ watts on mountain climbs for 40+
minutes at a time. They worked awfully hard for it. And while speed isn't
everything in the whole picture of bike riding, I think it is a valid form of
bicycle use. and it is quite an accomplishment to be able to ride like that.

But I do think it would be fun to kid them though in some good-natured,
chiding-fun way by stationing people with signs 2/3rds along the TdeF routes
that say: "If you were on a Roadeo, you'de be done by now.".