Good point, but we really need bike education here in the US. The Dutch
have extensive bike education starting in early school and going all the
way up. I am an LCI, and I have taught "How to Choose a Bike" classes. I
assure you, the level of ignorance among the general public is breath
taking. People really think that MCRB's will make them 10 MPH faster than a
normal bike. When I do the "One MPH faster for every 12 pounds" math and
show them that the difference in their commute time is more like 30
seconds, their eyes open up. Then I tell them that they spent more time
than that putting on their special shoes and jersey. The Dutch know
that...Americans do not.

Doug