On Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 8:17:29 PM UTC-5, Patrick Moore wrote:

> There's a definite negative attitude on this list toward racers.

no there isn't.
We don't like bike snobs on racing bikes, we don't like an industry  that
models itself after cutting-edge racing, and 30-something salespersons
trying to put everybody on a cutting-edge racing bike or a cheap
cookie-cutter facsimile, and pigeonholing everybody else.

A nice enough guy otherwise looking over my upright at a water stop last
weekend - after our in depth conversation was near over - said, "so you
built yourself a cruiser"
I made a point to pass him and leave him in the dust from my Italian Huffy.

Made up for it yesterday on a greenway trail - ran across a fellow Grant
Kool-Aid imbiber, who was riding a really nice upright built on a Miyata
Triple Cross.and we shared a great stop