Thanks Steve.  When I first saw the link got all excited only to realize
the linked blog entry is from 2012.

Jeff mentions the longer Shimano limit screw he would send out with the
cassette. I use an original Deer Head Deore rear derailer with mine.  No
problem with it shifting into the spokes.

And while I have indexed Shimano shifter, I set it up to work in friction
mode.  I know what gear I am in.  Maybe if I were using the bike for
competitive off roading I would go indexed.