Deacon, pardon me for jumping in so late in the conversation.  I haven't
read all of the previous 26 replies so some of this may repetitive.  Al is
a known neuro disrupter, as you know.  It does seem unlikely that the
pedals are the cause of your problem, since the metal is unheated.  But you
could switch to steel pedals.  More likely sources of contamination are
cooking utensils and medications.  Heated Al pots, pans (many "coated" pans
have an Al base) are more easily ingested.  Many medicines, especially
vaccines have Al in their formulation.

I'm sorry to read about your distress.  BTW, we have, unfortunately,
restructured our trip to the west cost from a leisurely drive to a flight,
so I wont be able to visit you.

Michael