Hey Folks-

Interesting item up for trade or sale: a Nitto Albatross bar in
heat-treated aluminum with a 31.8mm bar clamp diameter, new in package,
never mounted.  This is apparently a new item from Nitto, it appeared in
the Merry Sales (Nitto importer) catalog this past spring.  I ordered it
because of some slightly confusing catalog copy that gave me the impression
that it was also ~2cm wider than the standard Albatross, which would have
really been a dream bar for me, but when it arrived I discovered that it
was the same width as the current standard Albatross (55cm) and thus have
never mounted it up.  Pictures here:

https://flic.kr/s/aHskkM1MUn

It is a beautifully made and finished bar.  The bend and bulge out to the
oversize clamp area is exceedingly smooth, and it seems to be polished to a
slightly more mirror finish than the standard satin-y Nitto aluminum
finish.  There is a Nitto crest in the center of the bar clamp area, but it
is inverted in the upright position--apparently Nitto intends these to be
mounted with drop, a la Mustache bar--but the crest will most likely be
covered by the stem clamp area anyways.  While the overall width is the
same as the standard bar, the bend is subtly different, probably because
the oversize bar is made on a different bending jig than the standard bars.
 I've posted a comparison picture with a standard CrMo albatross to show
the difference: the oversize bar is slightly more angled in the grip area.

This would be a great bar for an upright conversion on any bike that uses a
31.8mm threadless stem.  If you want to use it on a bike that takes a quill
stem, Merry Sales also started offering Nitto tig-welded 31.8mm quill stems
around the same time.

Things I would trade it for:
-a standard 25.4mm HT aluminum Albatross in very good or better condition,
or a partial trade for a CrMo Albatross bar
-a Brooks B72 or B67 saddle in similar condition
-Partial trade for a 175mm Campagnolo Super Record Strada left crank arm
-Cinelli mod 66 Giro D'Italia bars in 42mm or greater width and very good
condition.

I would also sell it for $90 shipped.  I am in Sacramento, CA and would
meet any SF Bay Area locals for pickup/exchange.