Fantastic, Wayne! 99% of being daring is being stupid enough to move
forward. Grin. I understand well the quandary, as many here do. When I
ordered my Hunqapillar all I knew is I could ride a Schwinn Chinabike 3
miles but needed time to recover upon returning (brain injury/vertigo
thing). I hadn't found this group yet, and was trusting Grant. Spending
more than our family mini-van is worth now on a bike seemed insane given we
weren't sure how far or how much I could ride. Turns out the difference for
me was stunning. I can ride as far as my body is physically able and
(usually) return doing better than when I left. I'm convinced that is part
of the reason Rivendells are such a sheer joy to ride -- they cost people
less to ride in ways most don't realize are there -- freeing them up to
enter the pure joy of the experience. It is worth sacrificing a wee bet to
help it happen.

With abandon,
Patrick