Kevin:

It’s probably not the cause of your issues, but I’ve found that large tires (I
run 42mm Grand Bois on my Bleriot) suffer from reduced side-to-side stability,
particularly at lower pressures. Larger tires with supple casings and low
pressures allow the rim to move from side to side with respect to the contact
patch, which makes the bike feel less stable.

More than once, I’ve looked down at my rear tire to see if the “squirmy”
feeling was being caused by a slow leak, only to confirm that the tire was OK.
In fact, I spent the better part of Day One of PBP thinking that the 28mm
“supple” rear tire was going flat (it wasn’t).

--Eric N
campyonly...@me.com
www.CampyOnly.com
Campyonlyguy.blogspot.com