I recall the original discussion about this frame from back around the
first of September.  That's pretty quick turnaround for a PC job and then
finding all those components!  Looks fantastic.  Did the same shop that did
the PC take care of those brake mounting stud misalignments you were
concerned about?

I tell ya, there's nothing better than finding and old jewel of a
bike/frame like this and getting it back on the road again.  I did
something similar last year for a local woman.  She had found a Rockhopper
(ca., early 90's I think) near the dumpster in the parking garage of her
condo building and couldn't understand why someone was trashing what was at
one time such a high quality bike.  She was just coming out of an LBS where
she had been quoted $200+ to overhaul it when she ran into me and said she
wanted to restore it for a Christmas present for her young grandson, but
didn't want to spend over $100 to do  it.  I said I'd take a look at it for
her.  Someone had scavenged the crankset and pedals and left the BB.  But
it, along with almost everything else on the bike was in pretty bad shape,
except the tires which looked fairly new.  Since I knew it was for a kid
and that she didn't want to spend much money, I ordered a very low-end
crankset - one of those where the three chainrings are welded together, a
cheap BB, some handlebar ends (also missing), and a new chain.  Then I tore
everything apart and started from bottom up.  I had to dremel-burnish
several bushings on the rear derailer because  they were so corroded.  The
wheels, of course, needed to be trued.  I had a spare linear pull rear
brake in my parts box and found another low-end NOS one at an LBS that they
wanted to push so they discounted it to me so I could replace the badly
abused canto's, etc, etc.  In the end she was delighted and the grandson
was happy as a clam to get a bike like that.