I don't get the Marathon hate. I put them on my "road" bike (an 80s
Shogun). I used to go on weekly rides with roadies. Everyone else rode
skinny road tires. I had no trouble keeping up and I never got a flat. We
had at least three flats in the group on every ride.

I have Marathons on my Brompton and I'm not feeling like there is anything
wrong with the ride of my bike.

My Retrovelo has five year old Fat Franks that outlived their tubes.

I do have Panaracer Col da Vies on my vintage Raleigh. Yeah, at 45psi they
feel like 20psi MTB tires. But I just don't feel like risking the flats on
bikes I actually ride to get places.