Here is why I don't use Marathons: In a 600K ride, they would slow me down
by at least an hour. If I were getting an  average of 3 or more flats at
that distance, maybe I would still consider them. But I get maybe 0.5 flats
using faster tires (Challenge, Compass, GP4000S ...), and they ride so much
better.