I'm not anti helmet and if I know I'm going down I would choose to have a
helmet on.   The article as many suggests that cycling is dangerous and 59%
better chance of surviving a terrible crash.
Well .. trouble is the chance of me having that terrible crash is pretty
insignificant.   Regardless of that I was enjoying the article right up
until it states we needed laws to force helmet use.
That is the point I will stand up yet again and state that giving
bureaucrats power over me in even more aspects of my life is unacceptable.
  They fail to break down the instances of sport riders to casual riders,
computers etc.

Any my opinion only the article doesn't really tell me anything to make me
thing the helmet is anymore useful on a bicycle that it is in the shower or
walking down steps.

Kelly