I'm pretty sure the guys at Ibis, talented as they were  (the handlebars
were fabricated down the street) did not make the front sidepull on my 1993
Scorcher, which came stock with 41mm Specialized Nimbus tires (and actual
or not, they were pretty damn fat). I'm not sure the exact model, but if
memory serves it was a Dia Compe, with the lettering in script. Sure, maybe
Shimano and Campy did not have grouppo brakesets for anything other than
25mm tires, but I still think the longer sidepulls were available, if you
knew where to look. Obviously Scott Nichols and Wes Williams did. (Or,
outside chance, it could be that they came across a stash of 100 NOS
brakes. More likely it was one of the more staid selections from a BMX
catalog). And what about replacement sidepull brakes for all those old
Schwinns? Not all of them were CP. And aside from sidepulls, are we certain
nobody in the world was making CP brakes in the 1990s?Maybe George L.
didn't want to resort to a "second tier" brake? Anyway, the brake cleared
those big old tires but only by a hair, and stopped okay, too. But it did
get ugly fast with ice build up.