Leah, if it's the stock seat post from the Clem (the Kalloy), adjusting the
saddle tilt just requires loosening the bolt a bit more than you'd expect
to. It'll loosen for sliding on the rails before it'll loosen enough to let
the angle adjustments click over each other. The trick is not losing the
fore/aft adjustment as you do so. Some tape to mark the rails and stop them
at the clamp helps.

The handlebars, yeah, I think it can matter a lot. A difference of 1/4" in
any direction is something I can feel, and once you start talking even just
a whole inch the entire feeling can be different. It looks like the Clem's
bars are way up there, in the pictures, which will shorten the reach fast
on that bike. I ride an albastache on mine that doesn't sweep back even
half as much and I still need mine several inches lower than that not to
feel cramped. Lowering the bars until the feeling opens up would be the
first thing I'd try. You'd be surprised how much it'll affect the fit.