Hi Stephen, Back in 2007 I bought an A Homer Hilsen from Riv. I was living
in Yorkshire at the time with a baby on the way and Grant's philosophy
about having fun and focusing on versatility really hit home. I sold a
number of bikes to fund the complete bike (with racks and bags). The import
duty and shipping was expensive but it was an investment and great value
for money compared to other bikes that charge more and do less. I have
since sold the bike (everyone close to me told me not to and that I would
regret it). I think they'll be probably be proved right long term but my
tastes changed (influenced by Grant I am sure, towards less fancy, more
clearance, stouter tubes) and it was necessary with a growing family and
limited funds. Like Patrick said, I wouldn't have any hesitation ordering
direct from Riv. The sizing they chose for me was larger than I would have
expected but the fit and ride were fantastic. Folks on the list have called
it limousine-like and I think that comes close. Stable, smooth, comfortable
over a long distance. I rode the Northern Coast to Coast on it, a few years
ago now, with a Carradic saddle bag (light luggage) and if I were to select
a bike from all those that I've ever owned to ride it again I would choose
the AHH. When I sold it after 5 years of ownership it looked as good the
day I got it (some things looked better with age: bar tape, Brooks B17
Special honey saddle, some things I' d changed: Honjo Hammered mudguards).

In retrospect, had I bought the Atlantis back in 2007 (I overlooked it
because I was still coming off the back of long sportive solo rides) I
would still have that bike to day, no question. My all-time favourite is
probably the orange double top tube canti Sam, though.

Good luck in your search but I wouldn't be concerned oredring off spec. I
had no previous knowledge and coudln't have been more pleased with the AHH.

Best, Chris