Just to ensure that all is disclosed: at least 3 people have told me they
sold otherwise very nice Rivendells because the top tubes were too long.
These were road-type bikes meant for drop bars (Sam Hill was one, the
earlier Road Standards and -- perhaps -- LongLow -- another). And I was
another, with the Sam Hill: a very nice bike, but the 55 or 56 (at the
time; they may have changed the specs) had a 59 cm tt that was still too
long for me despite the 71* or so seat tube angle. That is to say, the long
tt was one of several reasons I sold mine, though had I room for a larger
stable, it would have made a wonderful "gravel bike," long tt and all.

That said, Grant designed 3 custom road bikes for me over the phone, and
the second 2 have long been my benchmarks for fit as well as handling and
"feel."

On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 1:18 PM, drew <drewbeckme...@gmail.com> wrote:

> i could be wrong, but i don't remember ever hearing or reading that
> someone bought a bike from riv in the size recommended and they were
> unhappy with the fit. though, i can see it being worth worrying  if you had
> abnormal body proportions or something.
>
> for me, im not sure how much i would get out of a test ride anyway. there
> would be so many other factors that could come into play and im not a
> geometry expert. i wouldnt trust myself to be able to weigh saddle height,
> stem length, bar choice against a frame's angles on a short ride.
>
> i live in los angeles and bought my 54cm hunqapillar without ever riding a
> rivendell. maybe going up there wouldve been more responsible, but i also
> wouldve been swayed by the diagatube that im not tall enough to
> realistically need. since then, ive bought a used 56cm sam (my recommended
> size), and my wife has a 45cm clem (her recommended size). we have zero
> complaints across the board.

Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, Nouvelle Mexique,  Vereinigte Staaten
*The point which is the pivot of the norm is the motionless center of a
circumference on which all conditions, distinctions, and individualities
revolve. *Chuang Tzu

*Stat crux dum volvitur orbis.* *(The cross stands motionless while the
world revolves.) *Carthusian motto

*It is *we *who change; *He* remains the same.* Eckhart

*Kinei hos eromenon.* (*It moves [all things] as the beloved.) *Aristotle