So back to the original question, I used an Edulux I for years and thought it
was perfect. A few years ago I tried the Edulux II and its much wider beam was
my new standard of perfect. Lately I mated a Luxos U to an SP hub that allows
me to charge my phone during the day and has a handlebar switch, and an
amazingly wide and consistent beam. The Edulux now seem adequate but less than
ideal. I appreciate the SP hub for its performance, price, and simple light
attachment compared to Son.