I've cancelled the Supernova backorder and hope to get one of these:

http://www.klite.com.au/#!products/c3oe

High and low beams: 1000/600 lumens.

Battery pack between dyno and lamp which powers standlight and can be had
to charge USB products -- maybe even a USB lamp! Have to ask.

Niche product, but the few reviews I've seen are all 5 star.

The KLite is said to be particularly good at low speeds (eg, when climbing)
and is said to have a very bright and long lasting (10 m) standlight or
backup battery function.

Owner/maker Kerry replies right away.

And of course this does not have the German street legal cutoff, and that
is good for my use.

I may well have to augment even this light with a headlamp for singletrack,
but I expect I won't have to do this for anything short of twisting
singletrack.

That Cateye is obscene. Anyway, I'd be afraid of starting forest fires.
(That's a joke for you very earnest people.)