Yeah, that hangar is way off. This is usually  a pretty easy and rewarding
DIY job. The one-off tool is pricey, but does the job as advertised.
http://www.parktool.com/product/derailleur-hanger-alignment-gauge-dag-2-2

On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 1:13 PM, 'pb' via RBW Owners Bunch <
rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Absolutely, positively, definitely straighten it.  No hesitation.  If, in
> fact, it has been bent so badly that it is starting to weaken, that will be
> apparent in the straightening process (it will begin to crack or obviously
> soften), but my bet is 99 to 1 for success.  Don't fall on it again, but if
> you do fall on it again, straighten it again.
>
> A big Crescent wrench is a useful down and dirty tool for straightening,
> but I'd hope that your shop will have a proper alignment tool, and that
> they will also eyeball the slot the axle slides into, to make sure the
> faces of the slot are still parallel.  If it has opened up a little, then a
> block of wood for padding, and a few taps with a hammer are the answer.
>
> Happy trails,
>
> Peter

Cheers,
David

Member, Supreme Council of Cyberspace

"it isn't a contest. Just enjoy the ride." - Seth Vidal