I'm fishing for stories pro/con dealing with leaving bags "permanently"
attached to your bike, and if they've been stolen.

I'm contemplating getting a pair of backabike bags and leaving them
attached (probably with zipties somehow). Anybody ever had any of these (or
similar) bags stolen off their bike? I'm imagining it's not even worthwhile
for a thief since they're not gonna get but a few bucks for such a thing.

As a counter-example to what I just said, one time some gloves were stolen
out of a bag on a bike. In this case, I'm sure it was just cuz the thief
had to do zero work. Unzip and just grab what was in the bag. That bag was
seriously attached, and was not stolen.

In my imagination, riv's saddlesacks are "safer" because to somebody
unfamiliar, it's very confusing. The straps and the 2 layers of flap make
me think that thieves are not going to go poking around in there. Any
thoughts/experience on this?

thanks

p.s. Yes, the biggest variable in all this is where/when you leave your
bike unattended. Let's just pretend that I'm very conservative about
where/when I leave my bike locked up.