Hello,

While living in Tucson (high theft) I used a small travel/ luggage cable lock.
The cable was about 1/8 inch and went out the bag with the strap, through the
seat rails, and back in the bag on the other side. The lock was in the bag
itself. Did it help? Who really knows but I never lost a bag and felt much more
comfortable leaving the bike. The lock was like $5.

Cheers,
Chris