I think I've seen three, possibly four Rivs in the wild in 20+ years on the
Westside (I'm 90% certain an orange blur blocks away was a Quickbeam).

One was only two weeks ago. Late '90s/early '00s custom-color-blue roadie,
50 feet from the same intersection I saw an orange Rambouillet stuffed in
the back seat of a car outside my office at least 10 years ago.

Plus a green Quickbeam 10 blocks from there. No offense if you post here,
but that guy looked to be about 97 years old at the time, positively
crushing approx. 48/16 up the only hill in the area. Props.

And yet there are at least four XO-1s including mine within a two mile
radius. Guy I bought my Miyata from just down the street has a purple '92
in his living room. Plus the same black RB-T I've seen locked up down by
the beach every couple of years since it was basically new.

Bikes around here follow three basic divisions: Sub-$100 sketchy suspension
Magna, brand new Linus or Public townie with fake leather grips, and $10K+
full carbon Colnago (or Ritte if they're a local).

Anyway, buy that Quickbeam on CL already, it's embarrassing. If it's still
there in a week, I'll buy it for my mom, and she'll ride it twice before
hanging it from hooks.

Jeff Hagedorn
Los Angeles, CA USA