Aside from the question of speed, I did notice the tires listed here

http://www.bicyclerollingresistance.com/mtb-reviews/schwalbe-big-one-2016
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bicyclerollingresistance.com%2Fmtb-reviews%2Fschwalbe-big-one-2016&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNFcTLFbKPzCHuR82Gi320OXzfggmg>

as having less resistance corresponded to the tires Riv listers enjoy more
on the road / trail, for example the Thunder Burt tires.

And I see the Conti Race Kings with flat protection are not far behind the
Thunder Burts.

John