I appreciate that the TPI factor was addressed. I wonder who is making
tires with multiple layers of casing and slathering them with rubber and
puncture protection and marketing them as 300+TPI high-performance tires?

Everything else is just reinforcing the idea of supple Compass tires vs.
all other tires. I'm glad people like those tires, I really am, but I still
wish sense could be made of the varying continuum between those and cheap
heavy duty wire bead tires, because I know there are variables in all those
tires, I know they ride differently, and knowing the qualitative
differences in how they ride is actually what this thread was supposed to
be about: how to measure the suppleness of tires that are not "THE supple
tires".