Check out this site for materials.

http://www.velolumino.com/

I used the thin wire they supplied and ran it inside my fender and along my
frame by imbeding it ina bead of GOOP adhesive. It holds securely and peels
right off if need be with no damage to the paint. I was trying to have my
bike not covered in wires wrapped around everything.

I also used their taillight which is expensive but works and looks great. I
used a Schmidt Edelux II headlight and it is pretty awesome. Very bright
and very light.

Semi recent picture of my Hilsen.

<http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k292/bylar13/F1C8A797-C1B3-47AB-83F0-CB6413B8FBA6_zps4woollr7.jpg>