Dyno lighting is the way to go.  I have an Alfine hub on one bike with
Supernova headlight and rear light which works well.
I am in the process of setting up a bike with the Velogical Rim Dynamo with
B&M IQ-X headlight and rear lights.  Velogical is worth considering because
the dynamo is very efficient, weighs 70 grams and, because it spins on the
rim, can be moved away from that rim to improve rolling resistance and will
not require the expense of a new hub and wheel build.
The Velogical might be a tad underpowered for the lights I have but so far
I find that the light emitted from the IQ-X is quite bright.  I worry about
this new set up actually being too bright for oncoming drivers.  This is
all a bit preliminary but my hunch is that the Velogical will be a good
product.
Again, the Velogical requires no new wheel build, is less expensive, is
efficient and really quite an elegant, German made product.
Good luck.  At some point, after wiring is completed I hope to post
pictures.
Tim Petersen