On 04/04/2016 12:59 PM, Lungimsam wrote:
My main reason for wanting cantis is so that nothing but air is between the
tire and fork crown for easy fenderability and rackability.

You can have easy fenderability and rackability with brazed on centerpulls as well.

But I am interested in hearing about mechanical pros or cons.

I know BQ states that cantis cause the fork blades to twist. Dont know if that
is really a problem or not. Im guessing not since cantis have been used for
decades.

As have centerpulls. Brake shudder has proven to be a major problem with cantilever-equipped cyclocross bikes and you don't have to hunt very far to find knowledgeable industry types going on at length about how it is impossible to adjust cantilever brakes. There's no denying, properly setting up cantilever brakes (particularly smooth-post brake pad styles) does involve some serious black art, much more so than centerpulls.