Weird none of these reply's made it to my Gmail account.

Patrick, yeah the bottom image is what my Salsa looks like right now with
the original Salsa stem and 130mm of extension. My back and neck hate it
but it looks sweet. I ordered a 90mm 40º rise stem and some Aluminum MTB
bars with 9º sweep back and 80mm of rise. I'll be using the shims for the
steerer connection and may need to make a few adjustments. Your steerer
even cut is still longer than what I have. Maybe Philip's suggestion is the
less expensive solution. I think Doug P. from the group used this very
extension from Soma. If the two items above don't work I may give the high
rider stem adapter a go.

When you say source you mean actually fabricate a new steerer I assume.
That would ultimately be my desire but then price might be the determining
factor as in too much $.

By the way that's a great looking rig. What are the specs? Drive? Wheels
and tires? Looks like you updated the drive train to 9 speed. Are you the
original owner?

~Hugh