Doesn't Rivendell sell T-shirts that say "Always steel, always
lugged"?   :D

I think there are already plenty of TIG constructed bikes that pretty
well match Rivendell's design philosophy.   For example, Surly LHT,
Box Dog Pelican (that was reviewed in the latest Bicycle Quarterly)
and Bruce Gordon bikes.