Unlike Avery, I have had honey stains. Like with the black dye, it comes
off in moist conditions--rain or sweat. As others have pointed out, the
Select does not have any dye. I got one, like it a lot. I'm guessing the
quality/thickness of the leather is probably what the original B17 were
back in the day. As also mentioned, it turns very close to the honey color
in a relatively short time, especially after treating it with Proofide or
Obenaufs. I think I posted a comparison photo, but that might have been on
another list.  Regarding saddle covers, fine for out in a downpour, but if
you must use one all the time, that is worse than a clear plastic couch
cover--at least you can see through that.