i have applied a very large decal to the side of a boat, looked good
for at least 3 years.  also, have stuck some large adhesive patches on
Radio Control airplane wings.  I used 409.  Just sprayed it on, put on
the decal.  as long as the 409 was there, the decal could be moved
around.  then the 409 evaporates and the decal seems to stick fine.
be sure and clean real well, because just a tiny little invisible
(without magnification) grain of sand will show up a lot under the
decal because it makes a little hill.  if there is a little bubble
that cannot be worked to the edge, it can be stuck with an exacto
knife (pointy tip, new blade).

todd olsen