Price definitely does NOT equate to greater longevity ALL the time. I've
thrashed a Phil BB in less than a year. Why? Well because I ride in
sub-freezing temperatures for about half the year. The bike sees a lot of
freeze/thaw cycles. I'm running a Phil BB with the 'mud guards' that press
into the BB cups, which are designed to significantly reduce the amount of
water and slush that contact the bearing seals. Still, less than a year...?
Paying for a Phil gets you some other nice perks though, like the ability
to fine tune your chain line, a huge range of lengths, ability to pull the
spindle to an offset position, etc.

On my commuter bike, which I often use in the wettest nastiest weather
(it's a ti frame), I have the cheapest BB I could find. I think it's maybe
10-15 bucks. It's coming up on five years old now, still smooth as silk. I
shudder when I think of trying to remove it from the ti frame after all
this time though.

For me, when the Phil BB goes I will be replacing it with a SKF BB. The
seals and overall design looks SO much more robust. The warranty is great,
but I'd buy it even without the warranty. Without needing to buy
installation rings and two tools like Phil requires, I think they come out
cheaper than a Phil BB anyway.

Haven't tried a White BB yet, but I've got one sitting in a box ready to
go. It's a 108mm though, not sure what I'd even use that on.

For a mid-range price with great performance, I've heard a ton of positive
reviews for the IRD QB-95 bottom brackets. That seems to be the 'nice BB of
choice' at my local bike shop.