Thanks for the kind words, Matt, Joe, Ron, and Erl!

@ Matt:  Yeah, it's a loooong bike -- I can fit my other bikes into the
back of my Saab without needing to remove the front wheel, but the Clem is
an exception. And while the Wolf Tooth chainring isn't cheap, it's well
made (and in the USA), and it 's just what I need (although I haven't tried
a 1x8 using a normal chainring or a chainkeeper).

@ Joe:  That sounds awesome! I would love to see how that eClem project
progresses.

@ Ron:  I'm really happy with the Carsick Design panniers, and Brian and
Monica are great people to deal with.

@ Erl:  This is my first experience with a Shutter Precision hub, but so
far I really like it. It compares well with the Schmidt SONdelux Wide Body
hub I have on my Rawland rSogn that powers an Edelux I: Both do the job,
but while the SONdelux may make for a stronger wheel and has more of a
high-end feel, the SV-8 is significantly less expensive (while also having
an attractive look). Also, if you trim the headlight wire to get an exact
length for your application, it's easier to install the wire to the hub
with the plastic press-fit connectors of the SP hub, rather than breaking
out the soldering iron and heat gun...and magnifying glass! So, I'd
definitely consider another SP hub.

Bob