Sheldon says no to both of us.

The Cowboy Mount is popular among cyclists who learned to ride on a bicycle
that was too large for them. This dubious technique involves standing next
to the bike, putting one foot on a pedal, then swinging the other leg over
the saddle while the bicycle is in motion.

The cowboy mount places the rider's weight on the bicycle while it is
leaning over at a sharp angle. This puts considerable lateral stress on the
frame and the wheels. Bicycle wheels, in particular, are not designed to
withstand serious sideways stresses, and this poor mounting technique is
very hard on your wheels.