Another word of congratulations on your beautiful bike!  I have the Nitto
Jitensha bars on a 1990 Bottecchia steel road bike that I "converted" to
upright.  Love the ride and the looks.  Also have a VO Postino bar on a
1986 Pinarello Montello which is close in shape but not quite as high
quality as the Nitto.  I agree with the more aggressive position I can get
with those bars but it is still very comfortable for me and not like
getting down into a drop bar at all.  I'm getting a Soma San Marcos
and have the Albatross bars to install on it.  I'm looking forward to
trying them.  I guess if I just don't like it I can go with the Nitto
Jitensha and work around the bar end shifters (a first for me on those).

I ride the SRT too when I can - normally from the Oaks parking lot.