I put a 7-speed cassette with SRAM 8 speed chain on my Sam and it has been
perfect. XD treble cranks, deore derailers, silver bar ends.
So I went ahead and did the same on my Bleriot. It had an 8 speed cassette
before. Same model chain before, so I know the derailers handle it fine.
Similar build as the Sam. xd600 treble cranks, 9 speed microshift FD,
SunXCD RD, silver bar ends.

Same model cassette and chain as I put on the Sam. But I am
finding both micro-chatter and harder to get settled into gear in the 3rd
and 4th smallest cogs than on the Sam, which is flawless. Maybe I am just
listening too hard as I ride.

Any ideas? Installation was my typical neurotic level of perfectionism, so
I don't see any probs there.

Cassette runs true. No wobble at all. All cogs run true from what I can
see. Chain runs fine through derailer. Same lubes on both bikes.