Questions that are probably more idle and curious than practical, but:

1. Has anyone put 2 cogs on the S3X driver? There is room.

2. If so, what sizes, and why these?

3. I could install a 13 in addition to the 15 that is the default; this
would give me:

76-57-48 and 88-66-55

Or: 76-66-57/55-48, which just theoretically might be nice.

4. The problem with this is, that with this frame, these dropouts, and
these cogs, I'll have to remove a half link to use the 13. (I've tried it
otherwise, every which way; using the 13 and the 15 requires shortening the
chain for the 13).

So (and this is the question): Is there any reason why I might not want to
use 2 pairs of (SRAM 9 speed) Powerlinks on either side of an internal
half-link? I daresay that, if one Powerlink pair works fine, then 2 of them
will work fine, too, if not twice as fine. Right?

At any rate, removing a half link to shift will be so annoying that one
would do this only for the longest rides. But academic and theoretical
curiosity has its rights, too.

Anyone?

Aside: link to a great Northern NM video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PnP9WvtCPY

Riv content: roads.