On 05/31/2016 04:02 PM, Tim Butterfield wrote:
Steve/René,
Thanks for that information. So, unloaded or lightly loaded on the front. It looks like for a single bag, I will be going with a saddlebag instead of a handlebar bag. The use of a saddlebag means I will also need to start with a rear rack to keep the Garmin Varia rearview taillight visible. Given that, I can also start with a not-so-small saddlebag that rests on the rack instead of buying larger later. That should handle my needs for a long time. I'll re-review prior comments on racks and see what I come up with.

Here comes that large size Saddlesack... I wasn't kidding about the 24 pack of beer, somebody did that on our Riv Rally GAP tour...