Yes, that front roll gives an alternate access to items in the lower section of
the bag. It's especially nice on those rainy rando rides - you know there's a
cache of undisturbed dry items in there!

+1 on the Berthoud decaleur. Super easy installation and it is pretty
bombproof. I would recommend some blue Loctite on the connector bolts. I also
strap the bag onto the top of the Mark's rack for additional support,
especially on unpaved roads.

One tip - I added some coroplast to the back of the bag (where the decaleur
connects) as well as under the map partition for additional stability.

The Docena has been a great investment for me and I hope it works out that way
for you.