From: Bruce <fullylug...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [RBW] Grip Kings and Numb Feet
To: rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com
Date: Tuesday, December 15, 2009, 6:47 AM

Steve:
  I suffered from cold feet when I was clipped in to either spd or look style
pedals. I also did not like having my feet locked in just one location on the
pedals. Thanks to a suggestion from another list member, I tried Power Grip
straps on MKS touring pedals. They work well. The straps allow me to pull up on
the pedals and bring hip flexors to bear which is good for climbing in my case.
The grip kings are no difficulty at all to get out of if you bog down going
uphill or though sloshy stuff and need to get your feet down fast. RBW sells
them and you also find them elsewhere. You enter them on a slant, and when your
feet straighten, they are quite secure.   I've been pedaling the past 6 months
with nothing at all, which is how Grant
 recommends, but just this weekend put the power grips back on. They just work
for me. They also work with many other pedals, but not Grip Kings.  Grip Kings
are great pedals so far. They are on my touring bike and I did a 3 day self
supported tour with them, and with no straps, clips, etc. Their extra length
provides excellent support for your entire foot. Contrary to the name, they are
NOT the kings of grip. MKS calls them "Lambdas."  They are fine for temperature
regulation of your feet in cold weather, which was your original question. That
is, if you wear the right socks and footwear.
Tailwinds