On Friday, May 27, 2016 at 12:59:00 PM UTC-7, Bill Lindsay wrote:

> Speaking of which, I do have the matching XTR greyish rear derailer on my
> Atlantis.  Perhaps I should switch that over...

I had some time last night for mechanical meditation, so I went ahead and
did a small parts swap.

>From the Joe Appaloosa I removed:

Silver Crankset and associated BB
CX70 front der
XT Rapid Rise Rear der
9 speed cassette
9 speed chain

>From my FatLantis I removed:

Grey XTR Rear Der (non Rapid Rise)
8 speed cassette
8 speed indexed right hand bar end shifter
8 speed chain

Onto the Joe Appaloosa I installed

Grey Ritchey Logic 94/58 crankset, 172.5mm, 42/32/22
8 speed cassette
Grey XTR rear der
Indexed barcon shifter on the LEFT side
spliced two 8sp chains to make one

So now my Joe Appaloosa has even more XTR grey stuff on it, and now has the
172.5 crank arms that I so zealously prefer.  The upside down mounting of
the sun-race thumbie bases forced me to run the indexed rear shifter on the
left, which keeps it weird.  Fortunately I like weird.  Pics prove it
happened:

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-p_iQEKMdA_g/V1sT6OcLlQI/AAAAAAAADOo/z1jiegFmps4HtybnImf28lfew9H75lG8ACLcB/s1600/IMG_1062.JPG>

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-7V4r-R7y0q4/V1sUAWCZM5I/AAAAAAAADOw/mXBSSV97CUwqmFeUUTwocQFHNSb6imFNwCLcB/s1600/IMG_1063.JPG>

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-hADwmkhdHWY/V1sUG6F-g4I/AAAAAAAADO4/5jULJuocv2o1IsXLI2LiphWpRWjATVX8QCLcB/s1600/IMG_1064.JPG>