I say buy the VO fenders but use the money saved to buy the Berthoud
mounting stays from Ben's cycle. The weigh less (not much), have a lower
profile on the out side of the fender (less chance for toe overlap) and to
my eye look less obtrusive than VO or Honjo mounting hardware. The Honjo
fenders are nicer but not by some order of magnitude to justify close to
double the price.