Of course people are built differently, I'm 6'3 and all limbs, and a tall,
shorter-reach bike is what fits me.  But I and use a 100mm stem with drop
bars on my 59cmTT road bike (63cm ST), and that with short-reach compact
drops.  But I took that measurement from my properly set-up moustache
cockpit (70mm Technomic), duplicating hood position on both bikes.

<http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v728/bulldog1935/Raleigh/F%20Moser/aaP1010005.jpg>

I also measured the end position on my moustache cockpit to pick the stem
for my Map bars.

<http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v728/bulldog1935/Raleigh/Viner/map%20bar.jpg>

I took the photo from Joe's website and did a little photoshop to give me a
reach measurement.