Totally agree! In my experience, the two best up(down?)grades I ever made
to my bike were:

1. Ditching the cyclocomputer
2. Ditching the clipless pedals

That said, If you're training, want to track a fitness progress, etc., I
totally get it. And I have a lot of friends who use them. If you can live
without a wireless, I have an old CatEye that I'll likely never use again.
It's yours if you cover the shipping.

Eric