Thanks Patrick, That was probably my post about the shoes - I put the
report on CR added them to a shoe topic on iBoB.  I really like them - they
do the job I bought them for, they're lightweight, cool, plenty stiff, easy
in and out of the toe straps - and look better than I need.  Honestly, I'd
take a new pair of my old Avocet touring shoes from 1978 if somebody made
them...

I think the benchmark touring shoe today is the Quoc Pham Fixed - perfect
touring sole, but to me, the style looks too dressy (good for work), but
also the design - my foot needs the longer laces/tongue of the Mamnick
style.  The Mamnicks were also a little cheaper than the Quoc Pham.  Oh,
and I wasn't counting any of the SPD shoes.  Just touring soles.