>From the beginning: The original owner purchased it as a frameset in '99
because at the time, the future of the Atlantis was questionable. He built
the bike and never rode it because he found a Waterford that he liked
better. I bought it barely used a few years ago and have put a few thousand
miles (mostly gravel) on it. The headset would never stay tight no matter
how hard I dared wrench on the locknut. I took it to a LBS and they removed
the headset and machined the frame so that the headset would fit better. I
rode it for a year, and I still had problems with it loosening. I then took
it to another LBS and they installed a spacer (seems like the headset might
have bottomed out on the threads???). I now have a tight headset, but
I also have a shimmy when I let go of the handlebars. I used to be able
to ride this bike without hands at any speed, but now it wobbles, even at
10 mph. I don't have any load on the bike except a small seatbag for
tubes/tools, and the tires are the same Soma Cazadero from last year.

Any suggestions on what might be causing the shimmy or how to fix it? Shall
I replace it with a NeedleBlasteur from the Riv site and see what happens?