My road bikes have no need of tires fatter than 32 mm (though i'd have
crown and bridges positioned for easy and more regular fender placement);
hell, I found riding our local roads, even in the bad areas around the
fairgrounds, perfectly fine with supple 23s at 80/90, apart from having to
be careful over expansion bumps. If the Elk Passes were not available, I'd
probably move to 700C because of far wider tire selection.  I'd have to be
given good reasons to switch to 650B, not that I have any particular animus
against that size. But afaik, there are few 32 mm tires in the 650B
size. Quality tires being guaranteed -- as long as I have a stock of Elk
Passes -- I'm quite happy with 559 wheels for their strength and weight and
avoidance of toe overlap with my geometry preferences, and the performance
of the EPs on our local pavement and on occasional firm dirt. I can't think
of any reason in my circumstances for switching to 650B. I like to have
separate road bikes and dirt bikes, given our dirt and pavement conditions,
and 42 mm tires fall outside my riding needs, for which 32s or 50 plusses
work just fine. Good 32s are wholly sufficient for my pavement riding (in
fact, the EPs measure narrow, but they are just fine at 27-29 mm);  while
42s are a bit narrow for our sandy dirt as I can tell by following my
brother on Cazzaderos in our bosque sand. In fact, if I could find a 450
gram 60 mm 622 tire, I'd choose that for the Matthews over the 50 mm F Fred.

I don't particularly like cantilevers; I find them hard to set up and no
better in function than decent single pivots. I'd stick with old school
single pivots like the 7400 Dura Aces or higher end Suntour I have now. If
I had to change, I'd choose V brakes.

On Sun, Sep 18, 2016 at 8:48 PM, Justin August <justin.aug...@icloud.com>
wrote:

> Would you go 650b for more width or 559 for width and smaller radius?
> Cantis for clearance or side/center pulls?
>
> -J

Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, Nouvelle Mexique,  Vereinigte Staaten
*The point which is the pivot of the norm is the motionless center of a
circumference on the contours of which all conditions, distinctions, and
individualities revolve. *Chuang Tzu

*Stat crux dum volvitur orbis.* *(The cross stands motionless while the
world revolves.) *Carthusian motto

*It is *we *who change; *He* remains the same.* Eckhart

*Kinei hos eromenon.* (*It moves [all things] as the beloved.) *Aristotle