I'm running the 61cm Ahearne Map bar, which is a slightly longer version
(in the sweep) of the Jitensha bar

<http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v728/bulldog1935/Raleigh/Viner/map%20bar.jpg>

an 80mm stem centers the grips even with the back of the stem (steerer
tube) - for my short torso, that's exactly where I like it.

<http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v728/bulldog1935/Raleigh/Viner/8d155460-5077-43ad-92a0-e50db00a6768.jpg>

<http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v728/bulldog1935/Raleigh/Viner/aaaPB160006.jpg>

I have the (Technomic) stem height set so the brake levers will just clear
the top tube with the fork turned 90 degrees.

I have the rotation at the stem with the back end of the bar just slightly
dropped.  I dialed that in after the first 100 miles and, especially after
the first 40-mi ride.

With my grips and riding position, this keeps my grip totally relaxed and
also for me, completely eliminated any circulation pinch whatsoever.

<http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v728/bulldog1935/Raleigh/Viner/aKIMG0023.jpg>

I've bee 88 mi on this bike without suffering.

<http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v728/bulldog1935/Raleigh/Viner/f0608392-d452-4b36-97b7-22a1e805d5c3.jpg>

here's how I spaced the grips, brakes and thumbies - hooking in front of
the grips with palm resting on the grips, the shifters are in just the
right place to not get in the way, and easily shift with knuckle and thumb.