Folks:

Over the years (usually as we approach, or loll around in, the winter
doldrums), listmembers have posted requests for reading recommendations, and
I've gotten a number of great suggestions from those threads.  I want to return
the favor.

Yesterday was the publication date of my son Sam's debut short story
collection, The Great American Songbook.  (Riv content:  Sam has logged many
thousands of miles on his much-loved Quickbeam!)  For those of you who enjoy
short stories, this is a wonderful collection - and you don't have to trust my
(completely unbiased!) opinion.  Multiple enthusiastic reviews from well-known
authors, publishers and book critics - including a finalist for the National
Book Award - can be found at this link:
http://astrangeobject.bigcartel.com/product/the-great-american-songbook , where
you can buy the book if you're interested.  (It's also available on Amazon, if
you're more of an Amazon Prime person.)  The stories are both hilarious and
heartbreaking (sometimes at the same time!), and beautifully written.  I really
can't recommend the book highly enough.

We return you now to our regularly scheduled programming....

Tom

The sender of this email is a retired partner of Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher
& Flom LLP ("Skadden") and is not performing legal service on behalf of
Skadden. Use by a retired partner of the skadden.com or probonolaw.com domain
names is in his/her personal capacity and not on behalf of Skadden or its
affiliates.